Morg watched the pale woman through the mirror, as he had many times before. While she didn’t affect him as Hope did – there was something about her that kept calling him back. At first, he thought the strange woman might’ve been Rydan’s chosen mate – she had this air of… calmness; she exuded a serenity not often seen in an adult, a softness that could blunt the hard edge of Rydan’s personality. That was until Arora and her twin sister Amara arrived on Nightfall. It was quite apparent, now, that Arora was destined for Rydan.

However, if she wasn’t meant for Rydan, then perhaps the woman named Luna was for Koranen. His passionate twin had been alone for far too long; and with a name like Lovegood – well, stranger things had been known to happen.

She was sitting on a settee, reading a rather large, dusty tome. There was a slender piece of wood tucked behind her ear – with the exception of its size, it reminded him of those pencil writey things Hope was always nibbling on the end of. She cocked her head to the side, her nostrils flaring slightly.

“I know you’re there,” she whispered softly, turning her head in his direction.

Jinga’s balls! She sensed him!

“It is you, isn’t it, Morganen of ravens?” she asked, swinging her feet to the floor. “No use hiding, I can feel you in the air.” She pulled the slender piece of wood out from behind her ear and pointed it in his direction. “Specialis Revelio,” she said clearly.

His invisible form shimmered faintly in the mirror before revealing itself. How on Katan was she able to do that? This world was Kelly and Hope’s world – magic didn’t exist there!

“Ah, there you are.” She gave him a small smile. “You know, it isn’t polite to watch people when they don’t know you’re there. But, I suppose as a feige, you might not know that, so it’s all right.”

“How on Katan did you do that?” Morg gasped, eyeing the slender piece of wood in her hand.

Luna giggled. “Magic, silly.”

Morg shook his head. “I – I thought there wasn’t any magic in your world.”

“There’s magic everywhere, if you know where to look,” Luna admonished. “It’s just Muggles aren’t able to work it – at least not very well.” She cocked her head to the side and brought the fingers of her left hand up to her lips. “I wonder why that is… I mean there are cases of Muggles being able to use some magic – small bits of it – so it stands to reason that they should be able to do it all. Doesn’t it?”

“I – err…” Morg whipped a hand across the back of his neck. “Are you normally like this?”

“Oh, yes.” Luna smiled. “I find there are so many questions out there and not enough answers, so sometimes it’s hard to keep up.” She tucked the wand behind her ear. “Does everyone practice magic where you’re at? Hardly anyone does here – just a small population really. Which is strange, as the world is filled with magic. I suppose most people just don’t want to see it.”

“Look, Luna,” Morg interrupted. “This is taking a lot of magical power, so I’m going to have to come right to the point. I think you’re one of the ones I’ve been searching for.”

“You’ve been searching for me?” Luna asked in a breezy voice. “I’ve been looking for you – well not you, but the Blibbering Humdinger and the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, which we all know your lot protects.”

“Luna,” Morg said sternly, trying to stem the flow of words. Luna’s bright, silvery eyes snapped up. “Would you like to come to my world?”

“Oh, that would be lovely, but I couldn’t stay.”

“Why not?”

“Why, there’d be no one to take care of my father – I couldn’t just run off without him.”

“Well… I suppose he could come too.”

“I don’t think he’d want to.” Luna bit at her lower lip, lost in thought. “Let me ask him – he’s full of surprises.”

“You do that, Luna,” Morg said, his form shimmering in the mirror. “I’ve got to go now. Let me know your answer next time.”

“All right, Morganen of ravens. Though, next time, announce yourself. It’s terribly rude to spy.”

oOo ~~~ oOo


Author’s Notes:

Okay, this is definitely… all right, maybe, done. I mean, I hadn’t intended on going beyond the short little 500 word drabble of the first chapter, and then boom, this came out of left field. And yes, I literally mean left field, since I’ve been working on a Doctor Who/Harry Potter crossover for months (5 chapters in, 11k in words, and only just starting the party!). Anyhow, I’d resolved not to publish anything unless it was finished, but here I am adding more to this… so… this is finished for now. Unless Luna (or Morg) bites me on the arse again.