A/N: Here we go again. Written by mysterious works for me, originally published on fanfiction.net. Beta’d by yolen.




~*~*~*~

She lashed out with her knife, catching the demon-possessed man in the arm. He hissed in pain and shrunk back. She took the opportunity to pull out a flask of holy water. The demon recognized what was about to happen, and pulled himself up to run. He didn’t make it. She splashed the liquid onto him, and he howled as steam rose from his burning flesh.

She pounced on his temporary weakness, and punched him in the face, hard enough to render him unconscious. The man sank to the floor. The hunter wiped the sweat off her face, breathing heavily.

“Well that was fun,” she said sarcastically. She went out to her car to get some rope out of the trunk, but came running back in. “Crap crap crap crap…” she muttered under her breath, as she looked for a place to stow the unconscious demon. Spying a door in the hallway, she opened it to find an empty closet. “Perfect,” she said, hauling the limp man and tossing him into the closet.

She looked around the almost-empty room to make sure there wasn’t any incriminating evidence that would indicate that a fight had ever taken place. Spying some blood on the floor, she quickly glanced around, trying to see something she could cover it with. Spotting a rug crumpled in the corner, she hastily grabbed it, just as she heard gravel crunching. The car she had seen driving towards her was pulling up in front of the abandoned house. Why would anyone come here? she thought to herself as she covered the bloodstain with the rug. It didn’t make any sense. But she had no time to think further about it.

She heard a car door slam, and voices. Realizing her knife was on the floor, she ran to sheath it. No need for unwanted questions. Realizing she had no place to put it, she stuffed it into her back pocket. She heard footsteps and then a knock on the door. She was contemplating how to convince whoever it was to stay out of the house, yet not look like a total nutcase at the same time. If there was one thing she detested, it was trying to flirt her way out of the mental asylum. Ugh.

Hurrying to the door, she opened it just enough to poke her head out. What she saw shocked her, but she tried not to let it show.

The two guys she had seen in the bar the week before were standing there. She racked her brain for their names, but none came to mind. Hopefully they don’t remember me, she thought to herself…please…please…

“Hey. You’re that chick!” The blond guy gave her a surprised smile as he pointed at her.

Crap.



~*~*~*~



Sammy and I hadn’t even been looking for a case. It just kind of happened. That always seemed to be the way we got one. What we were looking at seemed like the basic possession; a lady freaks out in a store and threatens people with a knife. She ran out before the police arrive. She’s been missing for about three days. After talking to her family and friends, it seems her behavior changed overnight. She became more aggressive and began acting erratically. We had tracked her to an abandoned house, on the outskirts of town. Don’t ask me how Sammy had figured out it was there. I had no clue.

When we arrived at the house, there was a car parked in front of it.

“Maybe it’s not as abandoned as we thought,” I said to Sam as we got out of my most prized possession, a 1969 black four-door Chevy Impala.

“The records show that it was condemned. No way could anyone live there,” he said, a confused look on his face.

“Maybe it’s the demon’s,” I said, half jokingly. But this would be the first time I’ve ever seen a demon drive a Hyundai Sonata.

We walked up on the porch, and I reached to open the door, but Sam stopped me. “You really think that car belongs to the demon?” he said, giving me a look as if I were retarded. I rolled my eyes.

“Fine.” I reached out and knocked.

As we stood there waiting for someone to open the door, I looked around, studying the landscape. It’s always good to know your surroundings in case of a fight.
The door suddenly opened and a girl stuck her head out, her body blocking the view to the rest of the house behind her. I looked at her, and stared in shock. She looked as surprised as we did, but quickly recovered. I pointed to her and said the first thing that came to mind.

“Hey. You’re that chick!”

She didn’t look as pleased as I did.



~*~*~*~


A/N: Author’s first fanfic. Reviews are welcome and much appreciated.