A Volturi Christmas by septentrion
Summary: One Christmas in the Volturi's castle.
Categories: Twilight Characters: None
Genres: Drabble, Drama, General
Warnings: Character Death, Torture
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 301 Read: 1302 Published: 12/04/2009 Updated: 12/04/2009
Story Notes:
Thanks to Ayerf for betaing this for me so quickly. This was written for adventdrabbles on LJ.

I make no money off this work of fanfiction.

1. Drabble series by septentrion

Drabble series by septentrion
Author's Notes:
There is violence in this story, but nothing graphic.
Candles of all shapes and sizes adorned the austere room.

"Very good!" Aro exclaimed at the display, clapping his hands like a child at the circus.

Caius and Marcus looked indifferent to the Christmas cheer their brother was trying to instill in the vampire castle.

The guards were not as pleased as their leader. Fire could destroy them, and so many candles made them restless, especially since they could not move one foot without coming face to face with the vicious little flames. Yet none would dare to defy Aro. His good mood was too often a prelude to punishment.

*

"Bring in our guest," Aro ordered.

'Guest' was a euphemism for the vampire frog-marched between Alec and Dimitri.

"Hello, Jean-Claude," Aro said pleasantly. "I'm sorry to meet you under these circumstances, but you broke the rule when you allowed no less than five Humans to see you feed from their friend. What do you have to say for yourself?"

The French vampire, having no more fight in him, did not bother to answer.

Aro sighed dramatically. "Let's make vampire pudding," he announced. With a flourish fitting of a conductor, he grabbed a candle nearby and shoved it into the prisoner's eye.

*

Taking their ruler's gesture as their cue, Alec and Dimitri tore the captive's body apart. They used candles too to put it aflame on the stone floor. When only ashes remained of the culprit, Aro motioned for Jane to bring forth an iron box. She pushed the ashes into the box, then tied a ribbon around it. To any outside observer it would have looked like a pretty Christmas gift.

"Isn't it pretty?" Aro asked idly.

Caius harrumphed and Marcus carried on looking bored.

"Pietro, Andrea. Bring this to Jean-Claude's coven. They can do with a reminder of the rules."
This story archived at http://chaos.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=2336